If we look at recent news in technology over the course of the past couple of years, protecting your business has risen to the top of your to-do list. Despite hearing about various startups that have acquired major technology, the truth is that there are only a lucky few that are adequately protecting themselves against serious everyday threats.
When so much depends on digital records and accounts these days, protecting your own and your business’s records is crucial. Here are a few ways you can protect your business in today’s digital age:
- Create formal security plans. A security plan is a must in any workplace, especially a startup. First, you must determine who has access to your data and put policies in place to grow as your business grows.
- Store consumer data. When you collect customer data, it is smart to protect it. But even more importantly, only gather the data that you are planning on using. If you aren’t gathering sensitive data, chances are it will not be compromised.
- Educating staff and monitoring usage. Ensuring that your staff is up-to-date on security practices is just plain smart business practices.
- Check the startups’ credit report. You want to monitor your business’s credit just like you would your personal credit.
- Choose reputable vendors. Third-party vendors are very important to the success of a business so make sure you are choosing these partners wisely. If you are an online-only startup, make sure you choose online vendors that will benefit your company.
Have you found any apps or strategies to protect your electronic records? Share with us here at Blair Stover in the comments below.